Friday, August 18, 2006

HW-1 My motivation, my goal


My motivation

  • I have ideas and opinions that I want to express in a clear and concise way to others.
  • I want to write something that others enjoy.
  • I want to discover / develop my own style of writing.

My Goal
  • I want to write atleast 250 words each day.


PS: I am yet to set up my "well of lost plots", and write 2 days hw of 250 words a day.



HOMEWORK:

Set up your journal:
Page one: your motivation and your goal. (I will write so many minutes/paragraphs/ pages daily.)

Set up your “Well of Lost Plots” with the seven dividers.
NOUNS – BEGINNINGS – MIDDLES – ENDS – PLOTS – NAMES – PICTURES

Writing: Pick one of your nouns and write about it.

WHEW! WE MADE IT THROUGH OUR FIRST SESSION!!

2 comments:

Dusty said...

More than admirable goals.

Concise comes from slowing down your thoughts so you know answer to why. Why are they telling you this? Is it to inform, enlighten, persuade or anger?

(Anger is the easiest to use in an example, everyone has been angry at least once.)

When you read something and it angers you, it’s not good enough to say it angers me because he is stupid. Answer why, why did it anger you? Was it that the information incomplete or a complete fabrication? Was their point of view narrow? Was it too close to the painful truth? Or were they just a big dumb doo doo head?

Once you answer why, you can begin to formulate an answer.

Vocabulary (next week’s post) helps. It’s hard to understand a person when they are talking about that thing, you know, that thing next to the other thing… no not that one... Hahaha.

You are well on your way. You don’t settle for one type of reading, your blog list is proof. Learn each side of an argument or rhetoric so you may write with confidence.

Your style is there. Instead of giving your readers (you're blogs fan base)one line about the blogs you have seen, write a review, tell us what effect the site had on you.

The Visitor said...

HOMEWORK: