Friday, September 01, 2006

Homework-2

Homework:

Pick an object you know well, something you see daily but over look its value. Use a metaphor to describe how it looks, a simile for its function and a hyperbole for its usefulness to you.



To be filled this weekend :)

He
He is a bull dog,
taciturn and grim,
guards all my belongings,
and never lets me in.


She
She is a maiden-
the maiden of his heart
only with her little magic
could I take him apart.

They
They share a tight bondage, and are made for each other, literally. Without the one, the other cannot exist, figuratively. She is a sliver of steel, hardly 2 inches long, so inconsequential as to be invisible, and only in her absence do we know of her importance. They are the objects of many metaphors and similies, so what would I compare them to? They as a couple are a model for fidelity, and it is only the occassional imposter, who can get past him. Together they make so much difference to my life that they are my guardian angels, their presence not noticed, looking after me and letting me enjoy my life with my family and possessions.

They are the lock and key.

Submitted at 13.00 hrs IST on Sept 3, 2006
PS: I didn't mean the first part to be in verse, somehow while trying to get the right phrases, some words rhymed, so I thought of giving it a shot. Is it OK? Are the required deliverables of the homework there?

2 comments:

Dusty said...

This is lovely. Since the character sketches are brief, it allows the reader to insert their own names for “He” and “She”. Your love and admiration for the subjects glows brightly. It’s beautiful.

Itchingtowrite said...

SORRY SORRY - had not read the " no entry please " bit on your blog...